Salvemos La Casa del TÉatro
Nuevas metas se avecinan para La Casa del TÉatro, es tu oportunidad de continuar colaborando y apoyándonos para salvarla. Tu aporte de $20 dólares puede hacer la diferencia!
PARA DONACIONES POR FAVOR, VISITA EL LINK A CONTINUACIÓN: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1133931947/saving-la-casa-del-teatro
AYUDANOS A COMPARTIRLO CON FAMILIARES, AMIGOS Y PERSONAS INTERESADAS EN APOYAR LAS ARTES!
Saving La Casa del TÉatro that has been serving the Miami community with a multiplicity of cultural events and opportunities.
Miami, FL Theater Share this project
What does it take to infuse the community with a source of culture and entertainment that includes theater, musical concerts, poetry recitals, an art gallery for local artists and affordable theater workshops for children?
The answer is this: It takes a relentless passion for the dissemination of culture, strong willpower, sleepless nights and sacrificed weekends. It takes time, money, talent and experience. It takes commitment, positivism and a strong desire to serve the community with a good dose of wholesome entertainment, culture and fun. It takes what we have given of ourselves for two consecutive years to forge and maintain La Casa del TéAtro.
What we have done.
Since 2013, La Casa del TéAtro has been serving the Miami community with a multiplicity of cultural events and opportunities. Children and adults have benefited from its cultural events and programs and many local actors and artists of all kinds have found a haven where to pour their talent. Since its opening in November 2013 La Casa del TéAtro has:
• Provided work for local Miami actors.
• Offered affordable admission prices to everyone.
• Presented 52 Theatrical productions
• Offered affordable acting classes for children and adults
• Hosted the Festival Internacional de la Escena Gay (FIEGay Miami)
• Hosted the Festival del Bolero (Bolero Festival)
• Hosted the Miami TDC Storytelling Festival TDC (Theater, Dance and Film)
• Hosted the Cine Café Film Night • Hosted literary events
• Offered Children’s Theater
• Hosted the “Showtime Miami” radio show, which fosters the arts in the city of Miami through interviews and advertising (free-of charge)
• Converted Its lobby walls into an art gallery for local artists to display their work.
Why we’re reaching out for help.
For almost two consecutive years we have struggled to keep up with the expenses of maintaining this venue without receiving any profit at all. And although this posed a severe financial hardship to us, we never complained, because our love and passion for what we do offsets any desire for monetary gain, despite our severe need for it. But this year we are facing an even greater problem: to our surprise and dismay, the new Landlord has unexpectedly increased our rent to 33 % more, plus a security deposit consisting of one month’s rent, in spite of our plea to keep it from increasing, our wish has been denied. The site itself does not merit such an increase. To begin with, it does not have the size to accommodate enough people to be able to cover the expense, besides the fact that it’s located on a side street with little visibility from the main artery and it has no parking spaces available. We have managed to attract the public through social media and word of mouth, but we will not be able to continue with this added financial burden, so we have no option but to move out.
Therefore, we need to vacate this place on September 4th, 2015.
In order to continue serving our community with these cultural events and opportunities, we need to find a suitable space somewhere else with:
• Ample sitting space (at least 150 seats) and a good size stage
• Good visibility from main roads (perhaps in a shopping center)
• Available parking, especially at night
• Reasonably accessible from all points of the city Considering that we will have to provide first, last and security deposit and rebuild the entire venue, we estimate the cost to be in the vicinity of $15,000.
Risks and challenges
Belkis Proenza, director and producer of La Casa del TéAtro, have been and actress and director with more than 25 years of acting experience.
The remodeling of the new theater place will be done with the help of Miguel Pascual (Belkis Proenza’s husband), actors and friends of La Casa del TéAtro, like was done last time when we took our current venue and transformed it into a beautiful small little theater, all done in less than 30 days.Share: